Re-Roofing & Replacement Services
The extreme East Texas weather wreaks havoc on roofs, especially with the intense summer heat followed by the tropical storm season. There comes a point when continual roof repairs aren’t enough to protect your home from the elements. This is when homeowners should consider replacing their worn down roofs.
At ShingleMasters Roofing we understand that your roof is a big investment. A roof is so much more than just shingles – as part of a larger system, it protects you, your family, and your belongings from the elements. ShingleMasters Roofing will install a roof replacement using high-quality roofing brands to ensure that your roof lasts as long as possible.
When Is It Time to Replace My Roof?
There are multiple indications that your roof needs to be replaced. Some of the most common signs include:
- Shingle Damage. Shingles are an essential part of your roofing system. When shingles become curled at the edges, cracked, or begin to buckle, it may be time to have your roof replaced. Missing shingles are also a big sign that replacement is necessary.
- Shingle Staining. Dark stains on your roof can be an indication of algae growing on your roof. Moss growth, mildew, and mold on your shingles may also indicate damage.
- Age. Most roofs are designed to last 20-25 years. If your roof is two decades old, we recommend that you consider a roof replacement.
- Missing Granules. The granules on your shingles are designed to protect your roof. When you start to see granules falling off into your gutter, it may be time to replace them.
- Interior Damage. If your roof is leaking, you may see damage to your attic, ceiling, or walls. Sometimes we also see blistering or peeling paint on the exterior of your house, also caused by leaking.
- Rising Energy Costs. If you notice that your energy bills are going up, your roof may not be well-insulated. ShingleMasters Roofing can install an energy-efficient roof to reduce these costs.
- Roof Valleys. If unrepaired, rain, hail and other precipitation can flow through the valleys of your roof. If you notice damage in this area, we recommend a replacement roof.
- Chimney Flashing. It is best for chimney flashing to be made of metal flashing rather than tar or cement. If you have cement or tar, we will recommend that you replace your roof.